Great unhappiness or pain can be mitigated by reflective meditation. By this, I mean, putting a problem into perspective and accepting the reality of the situation. This mantra can help you to reflect and accept.
- I will reflect on all the gifts life has given me.
- I will also reflect quietly on any pain or unhappiness.
- My suffering is in the past – a place to learn from.
- I breathe in – and,I breathe out, bad thoughts leave me.
- I accept myself – I am where I am right now.
This exercise in reflection will help you to put the past behind you and to move forward. Use it to unburden yourself of any major problem that has held you back.