Begin by instructing each part of your body to relax.
When you feel relaxed and receptive, then your journey may begin.
You can use background music if you wish to help with your relaxation.
If at any time you feel uneasy, or uncomfortable, then simply open your eyes, make yourself a hot drink, when you feel more grounded you can return to the moment.
- Make sure your comfortable. Find a warm room in which you may sit undistured for at an hour. Unplug or silence any phones, switch off any televisions or radios.
- Sit in an upright chair, keeping your back fairly straight, and place your feet on the floor.
- Take a deep cleansing breath, in through your nose, hold your breath briefly, and then breathe out through your mouth. Continue to do this nice and slowly, until your breathing has became nice and steady.
- Imagine a white healing light entering through the top of your head. As this light flows down through your body starts to feel the warmth as you truly relax.
- Feel the light flow down your neck…..and relax……..then your shoulders…….and relax…….then your arms…….and your hands……..becoming more and more relaxed.
- Feel the warmth of the white healing through your chest now…..and relax…..then your stomach and back……..becoming more and more relaxed.
- Feel relaxed now as the light reaches down through your hips, your thighs, your knees, your calves and down into your feet. Feel the warm, white, healing and relaxing white light flowing into every single part of your body.
- Feel it wash over you……..inside………..and now outside………..flowing over every part of your body, washing away any negativity, taking away any pains and replacing it with a feeling of floating and lightness. Feel relaxed everywhere……..relax……….relax.
- Now you find yourself floating in a bubble of air, soft and gentle around you. You feel safe and completely secure inside this bubble. Gradually you begin to be aware of a loving presence floating towards you.
- As this presence gets closer to you, you know instinctively that this loving presence is your guardian angel.
- This loving energy is so familiar to you. You recall a memory and remember the feeling of being held gently in the arms of your loving guardian angel-your guardian and protector.
- Take a moment to enjoy the feeling of your guardian angels total, unconditional love for you and you alone.
- Merge with this love, luxuriate in the loving arms of your angel, feel this love flood through your very being, just as you imagined the white healing light. Stay like this a while and savour the experience. Enjoy this feeling for as long as you want. When you’re ready, continue.
- Take a good look at the angel in front of you. Your angel smiles at you and you feel perfectly at ease and full of peace. Does your angel show themselves to you as male or female? Look closely now, and wait until you have the answer you seek.
- Now ask your angel their name. The name could be anything at all, so don’t be surprised at the answer. Is the name familiar to you? Is it a name that is new to you? Take this name now.
- Spend a few moments with your angel, and ask that they give you a message to help you and your life right now. Take as long as you need.
- When you’re ready, look up and smile at your angel and feel the angelic energy start to pull away.
- Your angel has their arms held out in a gesture that reassures you that you can call on this angelic energy any time you wish. You are happy, reassured and confident. You are now ready to face whatever life brings you.
- In your own time, come back into the room. Open your eyes. You are now wide awake……wide awake.
- Spend a few moments going over your experience in your mind. What was your angels name? Were they male or female? What was your special message? What did this mean to you?
- As soon as you’re ready make notes about your experience. Write down the angels name and any message that they gave to you.
- Draw any images that came to mind during the experience, or that occur to you now. Be sure not to forget to date your notes so that you can refer back to them.
For this meditation you could read it through first, then record your voice reading it out loud, so that when you do this meditation you could use it as a guide.